Water Mosaic echoes from home

pondering the mysteries, simplicity, and humor of life

Monday, June 14, 2004

Family

Hello again friends. Sorry for the wait. I have been busy, you know the regular getting married, moving out, honeymoon, etc.

If you haven't seen The Royal Tenenbaums, rent it this week. This is one of my favorite movies of all time. Jenn and I watched it Saturday night and I just love the story and the soundtrack to this film. Wes Anderson is a cinematic genius in my opinion. It is a wonderful story of a broken and failed family and the redemption they see from their father's last attempt to save the Tenenbaums. OK, so yes this movie is rated R, but I don't hold myself to just non-R rated movies. We can learn a lot from this storytellers in our world today. Anyway, it depicts a beautiful tale of betrayal, bitterness, and failure that is resurrected in the end by Royal's heroic effort.

Also, I read the Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown. Great story. It moved well and the suspense is riveting. It flows in an excellent manner while still informing the reader of important facts and lessons. I don't believe the story, but it is good entertainment.