Water Mosaic echoes from home

pondering the mysteries, simplicity, and humor of life

Thursday, February 03, 2005

The Nightmare Continues

If you've seen the movie Garden State, the main character "Large" screams into a large naturally formed abyss near the end of the movie to experience healing of a life lived in pain and despair. I'm extremely tempted to do the same in the midst of my co-workers. Why you ask? Because this morning got off to a very bad start. But more than that; it is a continual bad result in a seemingly endless process. Let me explain shortly.



This is a diagram of a tooth implant. My tooth (one of the top front) was knocked out at an early age by a baseball (not your fault Dad). Since then I have had numerous visits to the dentist, oral surgens, and endodontists meaning countless shots, drills, x-rays, rinsing and spitting to say the least. Luckly I haven't become an anti-dentite, but boy it is sure tempting. Back in the fall of 2003, I went to a Nashville recommended oral surgeon to start the procedure of a dental implant. Well, the process should have only taken 6-9 months, but if you know me, I'm not that lucky. It's been over a year and a half now and it is still not finished. I left the house at 6:30 this morning to meet with my dentist thinking, "This is it, my final visit." I even said to my wife, "When I get home from work, I'll have my tooth in my mouth finally." Uhhhhh, no you won't Clark. Seems as though something inside the implant broke and they have to get it out and put another screw inside my mouth. While this (hopefully) won't involve having a completely new implant, they will have to take the screw (not shown in the picture) that is inside the implant out and replace it. So my woes continue, not knowing what will happen next along the implant journey. Anyone want to trade places with me?