Water Mosaic echoes from home

pondering the mysteries, simplicity, and humor of life

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Post-Rapture Radio

Before I started work yesterday I had an email awaiting in my inbox. It was from a Bob Carlton, a fellow I do not know. His email concerned a book that he desperately thinks needs more attention. The book he was recommending was called Post-Rapture Radio: Lost Writings from the failed Revolution at the End of the Last Century. Although Bob doesn't work for Jossey-Bass (the book's publisher), he said that this brave little book might run the risk of getting lost in the mix of thousands of other books. Russell Rathbun, the author of Post-Rapture, writes through the eyes of a genuine American preacher named Reverend Richard Lamblove.

I haven't read the book, but did read a chapter from it yesterday. Bob sent me the chapter called "Sermon: Confessions of a Post-Evangelical, or Jesus in a Suitcase." It tells of how the Rev Lamblove used to carry Jesus around in a suitcase and would have a change of clothes for him depending on where Jesus went and who he was around. Very entertaining yet written with conviction. If you want to read the short chapter, just email me because I don't know how to place it as a link on my blog.