Water Mosaic echoes from home

pondering the mysteries, simplicity, and humor of life

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Apology

Before I begin with my daily update, I would like to issue an apology to my in-laws. Monday night my mother, father, and grandmother-in-law generously drove 90 miles to visit their daughter and son-in-law for a birthday party. Gina, my mother-in-law, was turning the big 50 and my wife wanted to make a special dinner for them. She even broke out the fancy glasses and cloth napkins. Ooo la la. I was glad they were coming, but Monday was a horrible day. I won’t go into the details of it, but it just sucked. Not only that, I was feeling a little depressed from all the health issues my family is trying to wade through. So needless to say, I was in a crabby mood all night. If I could go back in time, I would have acted totally different. For some selfish reason, I wanted to reflect my crappy day onto everyone else. I think I was like “Debbie Downer” trying to make everyone feel sorry for me in the midst of such celebration and joy. So Gina, Terry, June, and my lovely wife…I’m sorry. Sorry I was a sulking cotton-headed ninimuggens. Forgive me.