Water Mosaic echoes from home

pondering the mysteries, simplicity, and humor of life

Monday, July 12, 2004

Greatest Lesson

During my interview this weekend, I was asked a great question, that I ask you all.

What is the hardest lesson you've learned through your greatest trial?

My answer was about how I learned to accept God's mystery in my life. My brother-in-law died during his and my sister's 4th year of marriage (no kids). Mark and Shelley were helping some friends from church move, when Mark had a massive heart attack. My sister was right by his side. He was 26, healthy and loved to serve others in the spirit of Jesus. This was about 4 years ago. I still have no idea why this had to happen. I guess I never will. And that's o.k. God is mysterious. The way He works and moves and lives with us is, personally, odd to me. Not the way I'd do things, but good thing I'm not the Potter.