Water Mosaic echoes from home

pondering the mysteries, simplicity, and humor of life

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

The Village

Last night, Jennifer and I went and saw "The Village." I was worried because two good friends of ours saw the film and said nothing but negative things about it. I have enjoyed M. Night Shyamalan's previous flicks (Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, Signs) but this one might be the best one yet. I would really like to go and see it again, knowing what I know about the plot and characters. I don't want to say too much because I know some of you might not have seen it yet...oh wait, no one reads this anyway. Well expect my dad and maybe T or Gilbert, occasionally. Well I still won't relay the plot and twists that "The Village" brought. But I will say, "Go see it for yourself" even if you have heard bad reviews from critics or your friends. Because of his previous films, those people that don't like were expecting something else or trying too hard to figure out Shyamalan's "patented surprise ending." We could learn much from this film and the themes it presents in two hours.