Water Mosaic echoes from home

pondering the mysteries, simplicity, and humor of life

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Sufjan in Nashville

Yesterday I bought tickets to see Sufjan Stevens at the Mercy Lounge on September 23rd. I'm really excited about this show, mainly because his music is very ingenuitive and smart. His new album is called Illinois and is an entire record about.....the state of Illinois. Sufjan is trying to make a record about all 50 states; so far is has Michigan and now Illinois covered. I hope he continues with this crusade because while this task may seem impossible to complete (as the critics claim), he is creative and daring enough to try. On a side note, I heard that the David Crowder Band has covered Stevens' song on Seven Swans (A Good Man Is Hard To Find).



Hope I win my free copy, after all the mental anguish I have had to endure in my 25 years on this earth.