Water Mosaic echoes from home

pondering the mysteries, simplicity, and humor of life

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Missing Rich

Since the Wilco record came out, that's all I've been listening to. Yesterday, I finally took it out and put in some good ol' Rich Mullins. How much more great and inspired music this man would have made if he was still alive. I really enjoy his sincerity in his lyrics and his voice.

Andrew Peterson is another guy who I think resembles Rich in ways. Andrew's lyrics dive deep into the heart of a man's soul and paint pictures that are incredibly vivid. On the "secular" side (dern titles), I still can't abandon Jeff Tweedy of Wilco. Sure I'm a huge fan and have been since the Uncle Tupelo days, but he writes with such emotion. Especially in this new album where he seeks an identity (I'm an echo, I'm a wheel, I'm an ocean, etc.). Check out these and other great artist by supporting your local record store.