Water Mosaic echoes from home

pondering the mysteries, simplicity, and humor of life

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Timothy House and Dr. Hook

Yesterday was the removing of my last items that were in the Timothy House to my apartment. My former co-intern Daniel George helped me out as we moved the "super-long" single bed and dresser into the guest room of me and my wife's apartment. Man, am I glad to be out of there. I do miss the community and whooping and hollering through my three years there. I also miss the free rent. I don't miss the brown-recluse spiders, mowing for three hours, hair in the bathroom and the troll in the basement. I will miss you dear Timothy. It has been suggested that when they do finally decide to tear it down, that we receive invitations as well as a turn at the demolition swinging ball. Extreme Makeover House Edition could not fix this place up without blowing it up first.

In my head is a Dr. Hook song:
Well we're big rock singers
We got golden fingers
And we're loved everywhere we go.

We sing about beauty
And we sing about truth
At ten thousand dollars a show.

We take all kinds of pills
To give us all kinds of thrills
But the thrill we've never known

Is the thrill that you getcha
When you get your picture
On the cover of the Rolling Stone.

chorus;
Going to see my picture on the cover
Gonna buy five copies for my mother
Gonna see my smiling face
On the cover of the Rolling Stone.