Water Mosaic echoes from home

pondering the mysteries, simplicity, and humor of life

Friday, August 13, 2004

Migraine, My Pain

Last night around 6:00pm, I began to have a really bad headache. I've had headaches before but this one was a killer. After retrieving some items for my wife's dinner at the local Wal-Mart, I had to visit the restroom for a period of time that I do not wish on anyone. Being a "man" I thought, "This will pass, no biggie." My wife on the other hand knew better (she seems to know better a lot more than I). So she carried me to the E.R. and after 2 1/2 hours, several blood pressure tests, a CAT scan, and a Sprite, the final analysis was that I had a migraine. I've never had one but let me tell you, they are worse than I thought they'd be, a lot worse. My head is still kind of hurting from last night but I managed to make it to work today. Maybe this migraine was caused from all the mounting pressure of "Will N'Sync stay together?"

As the news broke yesterday and this morning, many preteen girls are weeping and wailing and nashing their teeth at the recent breakup of the boyband N'Sync. Justin Timberlake said farewell to the band that made him a heartthrob in the late 90's early 2000's. So I wonder, did he break up with the band like he would break up with a girl? "Guys, its not you, its me. Seriously, I love you but I feel like we should go our separate ways." Or did he throw in some old song lines during their meeting, "Well guys, I'm Gone. It's tearing up my heart when I'm with you. But I must say Bye, Bye, Bye."