Water Mosaic echoes from home

pondering the mysteries, simplicity, and humor of life

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Proceed with Caution

*Warning: this post may gross you out. Proceed with caution.*

My appointment yesterday was with my regular doctor. My wife mentioned that I needed to get a physical done since I haven't had one in a lengthy while. I checked out alright (pending the blood test comes back ok). The one thing I did mention to the doc was one of my toenails looked a little gnarly. In fact it has been looking like that for a few months now and hasn't cleared up. Well he tells me that my toenail has a fungus meaning I'd have to take medication for up to 6 months to clear it up. If it doesn't clear up in 6 months, then I'd probably have to take it again. So what is the cost of this wondrous fugi-removal medicine? $340 smackers!! What the mess!?! $340 for a stinking pill that I take every other weekend for 6 months. Needless to say I'm not going to buy the medicine (not for the sake of affordablility but for the sake of ridiculousness). I think I'm going to try some holistic treatment for my alignment like soaking my foot in green tea or rubbing Vicks Vapor Rub around it. Anyone got a home-remedy to share?

Maybe I'm a tad ventish because my wife is going to spend a week in Florida with her folks and the Emergent Convention in Nashville is happening this weekend and for the second year in a row I am not able to go. Although it is happening from just a few blocks away from where I work........hmmmm.