Water Mosaic echoes from home

pondering the mysteries, simplicity, and humor of life

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Blogging Authenticity

Recently, I've been struck with the idea of being authentic with my blog. This has been an outlet for me for the past year and I've enjoyed it for the most part. I've tinkered with it, I've changed templates, added pictures, links, RSS feeds, etc. Saying all that, what does it mean to be authentic in the blogging sphere?

For me, it was important to include voices from every area of life. That meant reading and linking those who were mommies, daddies, friends, strangers, pastors, writers, poets, musicians, homeless, gay, single, married, students, conservatives, liberals, unemployed, rich and poor. Even though these pilgrims might have a different perspective on life, I should always be listening so that I may learn from them. I'm grateful for the electronic community that has brought me in contact with bloggers such as these. They bring an added flavor into my world and challenge me to look beyond my own lens at how life can be lived.

There are other authenticity issues to be previewed on blogging, but this is just one that I see as essential. What do you think?